Budgeting for Managers
- To ensure that learners understand the importance of budget setting as fundamental to managing budgets
- To provide information on the different techniques and approaches to preparing and setting budgets
- To provide learners with information on budget monitoring and control techniques, including variance analysis and projecting outturns
- To ensure learners understand the difference between budgetary control and cost control
- To encourage learners to be involved in controlling budgets in their own organisations
- Budget Setting
- Monitoring Budgets
- Budgetary Control
- Financial Management Information
This course will include:
- A free copy of our book “Managing the Devolved Budget”
- Course Notes
- Illustrations/Case Studies/Practice Exercises
- Trainer-led PowerPoint presentations
- CPD Certificate on completion
The next courses will be: 29th May 2019 and 28th June 2019
One to one sessions for this course can be arranged on demand. Contact HB Publications and Training International for more information via the website or by email.
This course is ideal for:
- Anyone working within the public sector, such as local government, education, health, environmental services, social services, and emergency services, with any kind of budgetary responsibility.
- Anyone working in a non profit sector, including NGOs, Voluntary Organisations, Charities, and the Arts with any kind of budgetary responsibility.
- Anyone aspiring to elevate their role to management or senior management positions in these sectors.
- Finance and administrative staff supporting budget holders in these sectors.
- Progression to management roles within the public and non profit sectors, including to Director and Chief Officer levels. All of which require underpinning knowledge in budget management and control regardless of profession.
- Undertaking Continuing Professional Development which is a requirement for many professional bodies.
No prior knowledge is required for this course.
It is designed to be suitable for all levels of financial competency - beginner to experienced.
The trainers delivering this course are experts in their field. They are chartered accountants, and authors of 9 management books.